We currently record and podcast most of the events held at Kew, including the regular Thursday talks delivered by our expert speakers, and the Writer of the month events. We also produce some content exclusively for online, for example, our Voices of the Armistice podcast series.
These, along with some videos, are all published free of charge online. They’re available on Archives Media Player, and also on other channels including:
- 1. Videos on our YouTube channel
- 2. Podcasts via iTunes store 1
- 3. Vimeo – a paltry three videos so far
- 4. RSS feedWe’ve also experimented with webinars (such as Meet the Keeper), where you can watch a speaker and interact with them in real time (more of which in future!).
So… a few questions
- Channels: which channel do you prefer and why?
- Content: are we providing the sort of content you want to listen to? Are there any gaps in our coverage?
- Delivery: If you’ve used Archives Media Player, what do you think works well? How would you improve it?
- Media: audio or video – any preference, or do you like both?